Pages

Slider

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

New Hampshire Vacation 2014- Day 2 &3

 Vacation Day#2
July 21st

 I wasn't feeling very well. I honestly didn't feel well that whole week. Our 3 daughters brought old t-shirts with them and they cut them up and made them "New".. The older kids went off on their own and my husband took our two younger girls to swim in the Saco River. When they got there they saw signs that warned that the water had harmful bacteria. They went to nearby Echo Lake in North Conway instead.

 IMG_0619

While they were gone I sat outside on the deck and drew a picture with colored pencils! I sat there so long that I got a sunburn. You would think something I spent that long on would look better than this...



I went inside after a while and I found out on Facebook that a girl who had been missing from North Conway for 9 months, Abby Hernandez, had returned home the night before.  I had been closely following her story so I was very happy and relieved for her family.
My husband and the kids came home, and after dinner we tried to make glow in the dark lanterns using mountain dew. I saw it on Pinterest. Well, its a lie. It does not work. I tried another method using cut up glow sticks and bottles or jars.. that didn't work either! Finally we tried to make glow in the dark bubbles. Another fail! Don't believe everything you read on Pinterest I guess. :( We ended the night out on the deck looking at the stars with out our DIY lanterns.

Vacation Day #3
July 22nd

I wasn't feeling very well this day either. So we hung around the house for most of the day. My parents had to go home and my youngest brother Paul drove up to stay with us. My brother Billy also came up with our nephew to go camping. They came by the house and visited us. 
Here is my nephew playing in the yard:)
 
Later I was feeling better so we brought the girls to Settlers Green. They love to go to Claires every year because they usually have good deals like 10 for $10. We also went to the Lindt chocolate store.

IMG_7274

  After a few stores we got back in the car and we helped the girls cross things off their scavenger hunt list. All the kids were competing in a photo scavenger hunt. There were 3 teams of 2. Jeremy and Brittny, Amanda and Chris, and Steph and Alyssa. One of the items on the list was wildflowers. You got extra points if you took a video with a team member in it, so the girls made a video of Alyssa dancing in a field of wildflowers. It was next to Shaws so everyone who drove by probably thought it was strange!
IMG_7293

That night the guys all had a shirtless ping pong championship of some sort at the house. I have photos, but I will spare you (and them) and keep those unpublished! I have no idea who won.

 ©RachelC.Photography and ©rachelcphotoblog.blogspot.com, ♥A memory is a photograph taken by the heart, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to ©RachelC.Photography and  ©rachelcphotoblog.blogspot.com, ♥A memory is a photograph taken by the heart, with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment, write it in the box below. Before you hit Publish, click on the drop down menu next to "comment as". This will allow you to pick from a list. If you do not have an account with any of the top options you want to choose from the bottom two, Name/URL or Anonymous. With the Name/URL option you can add your name and website. All comments are approved before they are displayed.

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs